This is the Privacy Notice for Consumer Energy Solutions Limited.
Registered address: The Third Floor, Langdon House Langdon Road, Swansea Waterfront, Swansea, West Glamorgan, Wales, SA1 8QY
Company Registration Number is: 09959339
Tel: 01792 721 140
E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
We are registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) Regulatory number : ZA387531
We are a data controller of any data we hold and gather. We receive data from a number of data providers. A full list is available on request.
This is a notice to inform you of our policy about all information that we record about you. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. We take your privacy very seriously and we ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal data, your rights in relation to your personal data and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
WHAT DO WE USE YOUR DATA FOR?
Consumer Energy Solutions Limited collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. We are required to comply with data protection regulation and we are responsible as a data controller. We are a marketing and surveying company and we use your data to connect you to funding that you may be entitled to under The Energy Company Obligation (ECO), which is a government energy efficiency scheme in Great Britain to help reduce carbon emissions and tackle fuel poverty.
When we call you, we will always display a valid telephone number to identify us. You are always able to call this number back to prevent any future calls if you wish.
HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR DATA?
We process your data under Article 6(1)(f) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018. This states that we use your data for legitimate interests. This includes using your data for telephone marketing for ourselves. You can request us to cease processing your data at anytime.
WHAT TYPES OF DATA DO WE PROCESS?
The data we hold may consist of, but not be exclusive to – names, addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses. If you are providing details of another person we expect you to ensure that they know you are supplying this information to us. We also recommend that they read this privacy notice and if they have concerns to contact us via our contact us section on our website.
We may use personal data we hold about you to help identify and provide you with details of products and services from us that may be of interest to you. We have a legitimate reason to do so and will do so in accordance with any marketing preferences you have provided us. We may also provide you with details of products and services of third parties where there may be of interest to you.
We will hold your data for 2 years, or as long as is necessary to comply with the audit requirements of the Energy Company Obligation scheme, or however long is compliant under other regulations. All of our calls are recorded and will be kept for 3 months or however long is compliant under other regulations.
YOUR RIGHTS (GDPR ARTICLE 13)
You have legal rights under data protection regulation to your personal data. These are set out below:
- Right of Access – You have the right to request the details of the data we have about you and whether or not we have and are using your data.
- Right of Rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify any of the data we hold if it is incorrect or incomplete.
- Right of Erasure – You have the right to request that we delete any, or all of the data we hold regarding you at any time. There are times we will not comply to this request (if it were to breach other legal or regulatory obligations), but you will be informed of this at the time.
- Right to Restrict Processing – This is the alternative of us erasing your data. We will keep your data on file, but it will not be used. This will prevent us from contacting you in the future.
- Right to Data Portability – You have the right to ask us to transfer your data to another company.
- Right to Object – You have the right to object to the processing of your data at any time. It will not affect any processing of your data up to that stage, but it will have immediate effect from when we receive that request.
- Rights Regarding Automated Decision Making – We will inform you if there is anytime we use automated decision making.
- Right to Withdraw Consent – You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your data at any time and we will provide you with the information needed to do so.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint with the Regulatory Body – If you wish to make a complaint or are unhappy with the processing of your data, you can complain to the ICO on ico.org.uk
We may ask you for proof of identity when making a request to action any of these rights. We do this for your security to ensure we can disclose the relevant information.
You do not have to give us permission to use your data, but no further transactions can take place between us if you do so.
If you wish to carry out of any of the rights listed above or want anymore information regarding us and our Data Protection Policy, please contact our Data protection Officer (DPO) on: 01792721140
All of the requests listed above will aim to be carried out within 1 month of receiving the request. It may however take us longer dependent on the nature of the request or if you have made a number of requests.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you wish to contact our data protection officer, please send an email to DataProtectionOfficer@ces-limited.com or write to:
Consumer Energy Solutions Limited, The Third Floor, Langdon House Langdon Road, Swansea Waterfront, Swansea, West Glamorgan, Wales, SA1 8QY