Our 6 Point Plan
Have you heard of ECO and what is it?
ECO is a programme which helps you make your home more energy efficient without facing big upfront costs. Instead, it allows you to access funding available through the energy companies via accredited installers.
Energy efficiency measures available through ECO include loft insulation, cavity wall insulation, solid wall insulation and boiler replacement. First time gas central heating and Air Source Heat Pumps are also available through Local Authority Flexibility funding.
Check out the table below for a more in depth view on ECO, what’s available and whether you may qualify for funding.
What is the Energy Company Obligation?
- The Energy Company Obligation (ECO) is a government energy efficiency scheme in Great Britain to help reduce carbon emissions and tackle fuel poverty
- The scheme began in April 2013, and over time it has been amended. The latest changes to the scheme occurred in October 2018 with the launch of “ECO 3”
- ECO energy efficiency measures contribute to the target and commitment agreed by the UK government in line with the International climate change agreements of Kyoto (1997) and Paris (2016)
How does ECO work?
- Regulated by OFGEM (The Office of Gas & Electricity Markets)
- Energy Suppliers collect funds from consumers on via their energy bill
- Energy suppliers are then targeted to use the money collected to meet their obligation based on their percentage of market share
What are the relevant ECO obligations?
- Home Heating Cost Reduction Obligation (HHCRO) Under HHCRO, obligated suppliers must promote measures which improve the ability of low income and vulnerable household to heat their homes. This includes actions that result in heating savings, such as the replacement or repair of a boiler
- HHCRO funding applies if you are either in receipt of particular benefits or credits or you have been accepted via a Local Authority Flexibile Eligibility application (where your Local Authority signs off to confirm you meet their own criteria to qualify for HHCRO funding)
- HHCRO also includes: Loft Insulation, Cavity Wall Insulation, External Wall Insulation, Internal Wall Insulation, Boiler Replacement, Electric Storage Heater replacement
Who Qualifies for HHCRO?
Customers in receipt of:
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
- Pension Guarantee Credit
- Tax credits
- Customers who have successfully applied for Local Authority Flexibility
Where does CES come in?
- We make sure our customers are taking the opportunity to get their energy efficiency improvements wherever possible on a fully funded basis. We will guide you through the process from the initial paperwork and survey all the way to installation and beyond (we’ll even give you a 2 year warranty on the parts and labour for a boiler for example)
- We identify if you qualify for funding via normal HHCRO rules. We work directly with the Energy Savings Trust to identify benefit and credit types via the Department of Work & Pensions. We’ll also guide you through the application process for Local Authority Flexibility if that’s what’s needed.
Below is an example of what the typical steps are for our customers, in this case where an inefficient boiler is being replaced:
1. Initial survey
- Complete and get necessary signatures for all OfGEM documents
- Take all survey photographs create technical drawings of the property
- Carried out by a Qualified and Accredited Domestic Energy Assessor
2. We’ll calculate the funding levels available to you, keeping you informed every step of the way
3. Technical Survey on heating system: Carried out by a Qualified Gas Safe Engineer
4. Installation of a brand new A rated boiler
We’ve helped thousands of customers to make their homes warm and cosy, reduce the cost of their heating and reduce their carbon footprint. This in turn contributes to the UK’s carbon reduction targets and most importantly to the global effort to reverse global warming.
If you think we can help you to improve your energy efficiency please complete the contact form here and one of our friendly Customer Service Team will be in touch.